Friday, December 28, 2018

The Halls were Decked and it wasn't even Thanksgiving

Bryce started asking to put up the Christmas tree before it was even Thanksgiving. I let him put up his Christmas village, but he wanted to do it all. We usually decorate on Thanksgiving or close to it. I kept trying to get him to wait, but then one day I came home and the kids had all of the Christmas totes out so I decided it wasn't worth fighting them and to just let them go with it. So pretty much the kids decorated and I added a few touches here and there. It was nice to get it all up, and since we were out of town for Thanksgiving it was good to come home and have it all done-well except for the outside but that's another story.
The kids all get a new ornament for the tree each year so one of the fun things about putting up the tree is hearing them reminisce about their ornaments from Christmas past. The ornament is usually something they were into that year or from a trip we went on. This year they all go ornaments from the Phoenix zoo plus Tanner got one from New York, Chloe got a customized softball one, and Bryce got some pokemon ones. 
Deck the Halls with boughs of holy fa la la la la ....







I love that all of my kids love the Christmas season. It makes it so much fun!

No comments: