Sunday, August 28, 2016

Tears

 Going back to work has been hard on me. I love my job and what I'm doing, but it has been hard to leave Bryce. This is the first time we have really had to have someone else watch him that wasn't family-unfortunately even though we have a lot of family close by, it just didn't work out for someone that could consistently watch him, so we chose a babysitter who could be consistent. Luckily we were able to get into Gay Newby. She is someone we knew we could trust 100 percent-she is who watched Tanner when he was younger, and who would have watched Chloe if she would have had an opening. Anyways we were very happy that she had a spot open up and was able to take on Bryce.
That being said it was still hard to leave him. The first day when I dropped him off he actually did fine. It was hard for me though-I struggled not to cry as I pulled away. When I got back to pick him up they had picked me flowers and made cookies for our family-which I thought was so thoughtful.
He also did okay the first day of preschool-just waved and walked right in. The next day at the babysitter was okay too, but then after that things changed. Since those first few days he has cried every time I have left him. It's hard on him and it's hard on me. It breaks my heart. I know he is fine once I go-he only cries right when I leave for about 5 minutes or less. He is also happy when he is picked up and likes both places he goes. I think he just has a hard time with the initial goodbye. Honestly I think he is having a little bit of separation anxiety. There is just a lot of change right now to take in. I'm hoping as time goes by he will be able to overcome it, but in the meantime his Mom will go to work everyday with just a little bit of a broken heart. Tomorrow is a new week and I'm trying to be optimistic that it will be the turning point for us.

No comments: