Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Today I Really Wanted A Nap

So yesterday wasn't the best day ever with our teenage child. It seemed like it was one fight after the next. At the end of the day he said to me "thank you for making this the worst day ever". By the time it was time to go to bed; sleep was almost impossible. For one thing I was worried that he was going to sneak out or retaliate in some way since he was so upset with his Father and I. So I stayed up until 12 listening and worrying. Then when I finally did go to sleep I would wake up frequently and get up to check on him. Finally, when I was convinced he was staying put for the night I was ready to get some real sleep, but then only to be awoken by my daughters alarm clock, cause she had a 6:30 am softball practice. I wish I could have dropped her off and came back and went to sleep but that just wasn't in the books. So I got up and got ready and started on some chores. Then after picking my daughter back up from practice, vacuuming and shampooing the carpets in my car, running several errands, helping my sister clean her house, running Tanner to work, and running a few more errands what I really wanted to do was come home feed the kids lunch and take a nap. Usually Bryce is pretty good about taking his naps, so I thought the plan would work out great. However, just after falling into a deep sleep I was interrupted by a fight between Chloe and Bryce cause he wasn't napping after all, but instead causing problems in his sisters room. UGH!!! So I got up and dealt with it. Now he is peacefully sleeping and I am up, ready to go again. It is time to get on with the day. I need to clean house, pack, and maybe cut out a few quilt squares, so as much as I would love to lay in bed all day and try to get my "nap" in it's a little to late for that. So I'll blog for a minute and then get back to the grind. And I'll try to be happy about it because after all I am pretty lucky that I get to be a Mom even when my children try my patience and cause me lots of stress. Besides that for now, at least for a few more weeks, I am able to be home with my kids during the days and even have the thought of taking a nap on a Tuesday afternoon is a luxury many Moms do not have. So although I may not have gotten my nap. I am grateful but just a little bit tired and maybe a little bit grumpy-HAHA!!!

No comments: