Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Chloe's Talk


On Fathers Day Chloe was asked to give a talk. It was supposed to be on girls camp and fathers and specifically her experience with having her Dad be able to come to girls camp. She was nervous and didn't really want to do it, but she faced her fears and did. I am so proud of her-she did a great job. Best Fathers Day Landon could have asked for. Here is her talk...


Last week I had the opportunity to go to girl’s camp. I’m glad my dad got to come up for my first year since he’s not in the bishopric anymore; it was our last chance to attend together. All the young women in the stake prepared a song to sing for the bishopric. My dad said when he heard the song it brought a tear to his eye and he really felt the spirit. Afterwards we went to our ward camp to have testimony meeting around the camp fire. We were out of lighter fluid, but not to worry between the efforts of my dad, bishop Hersey, and brother Wittwer we eventually had a nice fire going. Even though it meant that every flammable item such as rubbing alcohol and bug repellant were dumped on the fire in the effort. Those three must have been true boy scouts when they were younger. Finally with a fire burning it was time to share our testimonies. My dad was one of the first few to bare his testimony. He went around the circle calling each and of us by name and reminded us that heavenly father and Jesus loves each and every one of us and knows us by name. I could really feel the spirit. D. Todd Christopherson once said “perhaps the most essential of a fathers work is to turn their hearts of his children to their heavenly father.” My dad has always been a good example to me. I know that if I listen to him I will be prepared to make good choices when hard times come. I was so glad my dad was able to make it to girl’s camp. I would just like to tell him how much I love him and how glad I am to have him in my life. I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ. AMEN!   

No comments: