Saturday, July 23, 2016

Celebrating Independence Day

In celebration of Independence Day I made this fun clothespin wreath, which I saw on Pinterest.
Over the 4th of July Weekend my Mom and Jeff were in town. Since the 4th was on Monday and they would be traveling home that day we had a little bit of an early celebration on Saturday. We started out with dinner and a huge water balloon fight at Grandma Marshall's house. It was lots of fun and everyone was able to make it to town that lived close enough except for my Sister Mandy. After the food and water balloon fight we had some delicious homemade ice cream and then had our own fireworks show. It was lots of fun, and all the kids and adults all enjoyed it.

Monday was actually Independence Day. Landon had the day off and aside from helping set out and pick up scout flags we just kind of had a chill day. We hung out, grilled burgers, and went to the swimming pool. Later in the afternoon Bryce and Chloe made a swimming pool in the back of Landon's truck-you can never have to much fun in the water on the 4th of July.






When it was time for fireworks Bryce, Chloe, and I went out front to watch them. They were being set off just a block from our house so we had a great view. Landon had gone to bed already cause he had to get up super early the next morning for work and Tanner was mad at me and not having anything to do with the family, so he boycotted us. I was a little sad the whole family didn't watch together, but I did enjoy my time with Bryce and Chloe.
I truly am so grateful and happy that we live in the United States of America and have the freedoms and privileges that we enjoy on a daily basis.

No comments: