Sunday, July 24, 2016

Swollen Ankle and Hyperbarics

A few weeks ago Chloe had an early morning softball practice. I picked her up afterwards and she got in the car and said "guess what happened to me at practice today?" Then she told me that she had missed catching a hard line drive, bit by her coach to the outfield, and it hit her right in the ankle. I could tell she was hurt, but of course she didn't cry and she said she didn't cry when it happened. In fact she just held it in that she was even hurt, and didn't even tell her coach. When we got home she took off her shoe and her whole ankle was swollen up pretty bad. She was in a lot of pain. I decided to wait a day or so and see how it was going before I took her into the doctor. In the meantime a friend of mine offered to let her come sit in his hyperbaric chamber. Hyperbaric chambers are used to treat lots of things, one of those is swelling. So I took her down and she sat in it for about an hour.
I honestly think it helped a lot, because the next day she was back at practice and hardly limping or complaining of pain at all. An injury that normally would have taken at least a week to begin to heal, was doing lots better in just a night. It was still a little sore for a few days, but nothing she couldn't manage. She is for sure a lot tougher than I am.



No comments: