Sunday, July 31, 2016

A Seat for Everyone

Landon and I have been married for 16 years, and would you believe that in that 16 years we have never had a brand new kitchen table. We have had lots of hand-me downs, and yard sale items, but never a brand new table. Not only that but after having Bryce we really didn't even have room for everyone at our old kitchen table. It was small. We would pull a bar stool over and make it work, but it really was too small to fit everyone at. Forget about trying to put food in the middle or have company over it just didn't work out.
We had been talking about buying a new one for about a year, but just hadn't done it. Then we just happened to be in a furniture store picking up a part for our couch and as we were walking out the door I saw this table. I walked over to it and then I saw the price. It was marked down 50% off cause they were discontinuing the model and the floor model was the last one left. It came with four chairs plus a bench (that can fit at least three people). It was big, and sturdy (the top is made of blue stone-kind of like granite). And I loved it! I asked Landon if he thought we could buy it? He said yes. I was so happy :) I know it's just a table, but we now have a place for everyone to sit. We have room for company and to place food in the middle as we are eating. It should be something we will have with us for many, many years to come.
It might seem like just a little thing, but to me it was really important, and something that has made me super happy and grateful.
Rejoice in the Small Things

No comments: