Wednesday, October 7, 2009

No More Popcorn on the Apricot Tree

So at Albertsons there is literally "no more popcorn". For those of you who saw the Albertsons ad there was a BIG sale starting today, and guess what no doublers needed to make this a good one. However it is required to get out of bed early if you want any of the good stuff. Sometimes when I show up at Albertsons at 6:05 am I feel like it is the day after Thanksgiving sell. There are at least 5 or 6 women in there running from shelf to shelf with their carts, holding onto their lists and coupons. I almost feel like I have to run to get what I want. One must ask how can shelfs be empty so early in the morning, it's because of everyone throwing things into their carts by the 10's. It can be fun though as long as you are one of the first and get everything on your list otherwise it can be quite depressing to miss out on what you wanted. I am begining to know quite a few of the other couponers, and I even ran into Tanner's teacher this morning.
Here is the breakdown -Overall $9.70 for everything!
8 Popcorn and 3 Packages of Gloves for $1
use 4 $1/2 popcorn coupons and 3 $1/1 glove coupons
2 Packages of Laffy Taffy for Trick or Treaters $2
use 2 $1/1 coupons
6 Boxes of Cereal $1 each=$6
4 Boxes of Granola Bars .50 each =$2
I don't know how it turnerd out to be $9.70 because this total ads up to $11, but I think it has something to do with the automatic $5 and $3 off and then coupons and tax.
Tanner kept saying there are never any Captain Crunch coupons, what a surprise for him this morning when he woke up and there were six boxes sitting on the counter. Both kids were happy in fact as you can see they both opened up a box for breakfast.

2 comments:

Brenda said...

Dang it - I better get my rear in gear and get to Albertson's!

mandy85 said...

That is so cool I hate that I don't get out of town very often anymore. I miss out on so much great stuff.