Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Car Wreck

Well we had another one of those moments at our house that you never want to have as a parent.

I don't keep my phone on at with me at work, but I randomly check it throughout the day. Last Thursday I checked it and saw that I had missed several texts and phone calls one of them was a message from Landon. I decided to listen to it. It is not good to hear your husband say "your son has been in an accident, he's okay, I am here with him". It is not a good feeling at all. Luckily we were having a slow day and I was just about to take my lunch break, so I went out and called Landon and then went home to make sure everything was really okay. By the time I got there the wreck had been cleaned up, and Tanners car was at our house. Landon had delivered Tanner and Ariel, both occupants of his car, back to school. They were little bit shook up and bruised but otherwise okay.
Unfortunately the accident was Tanner's fault. At lunch he hit into the back of another car full of kids, who then hit into the car in front of them. Tanner's car is pretty beat up and who knows when or if he will be able to drive it again. For awhile that's okay, because he is grounded from driving for at least a few weeks. Hopefully it will be salvageable though, because it has been nice having one less kid to run around since he's been able to drive. When the accident occurred Tanner hit his head and chin pretty hard on the steering wheel. We ended up taking him in to have his jaw looked at after several days of being in pain, and luckily everything checked out okay. He wasn't wearing his seatbelt, but I think in the future he will. We are just so glad that no one in any of the vehicles was seriously injured. This is a tough lesson to learn after only driving for less than a month, but at least it wasn't any worse than it was. Tanner did receive two tickets, and hopefully he will be able to do community service to work them off.

It must have been a slow news day too, because the accident also made the St. George News. Landon wasn't very happy that his picture was the one featured.




I really hope that this is the last time we have to deal with something like this, but you just never know. Like I said before I'm just really relieved it wasn't any worse and no one was seriously injured. I hope he learned several things here-don't get distracted by others in your vehicle, don't follow to close to cars ahead of you, and wear your seatbelt always. Raising teenagers is hard-hopefully we can all make it through the next few years.

No comments: