Sunday, August 31, 2008

Tree House

Drum Roll Please......
The Tree House is complete. Yesterday Landon with some help from Layne(who shingled the roof all by himself) finished the tree house and put it in the tree. It is now open for use. There were only a few minor injuries involved both of them happening to Landon.
Here is the necessary tool for installing a tree house:















The kids were quite excited to help with the painting and they actually did quite a bit of it. I did help them a little bit, but I can't say that I did a whole lot.

Layne and even Dave got in on the construction project a little bit.


















Though I would have to give most of the credit to Landon for enginering the whole thing, and making it all come together.
Here is the finished product:Surprisingly when we got it finished Saydee and Chloe were the first ones up and aren't at all afraid to go up and down it. Tanner and Dawson are both a little more hesitant about it and maybe even a little nervous about the whole thing.

Eventaully there might be a stair case all the way down instead of just at the top part, which might make it a little less scary, but I think that they will probably overcome their fears quickly when they see all the fun it can be.

4 comments:

Taryn said...

That is so cool. I'm very impressed with Landon's skills. It looks like a lot of fun.

LOVE TO DANCE said...

Tia, tell Landon we are so impressed!!!!!!!!!That is amazing. What lucky kids. And beautiful farmland all around. Is that at Landon's parents? Also i want to see you and landon and Tanner in your scout uniforms on your blog! I'll be waiting.
LL

Abby and Brenda said...

Wow - Makele and Jack can hardly wait to go play in it! Looks like something from Swiss Family Robinson!

mandy85 said...

Saydee said she had a lot of fun. I am glad you put pictures on so I could see it I had no Idea that it was so put together that it even has a staircase and a roof. Fun Fun I am glad you let Sayd Help.