Sunday, August 10, 2008

Handy Landy


Okay Landon is going to get so mad that I posted this, but I just had to.

The thing is once Landon gets going on a project he really goes all out and there is no stopping him.

A couple of months ago he made this in the ground sandbox for our kids complete with cover. Yes he did have to rent a cement cutter to make it. He spent days on it and now the finished product is great the kids really like it. The only thing it's missing is an umbrella to go in the hole in the middle made specifically for that. He keep asking when I'm going to get one so I'd better get on it. He does however have a tether ball pole that he can put in the hole if the kids are ever in the mood to play that.
Now his project is the tree house. Now to begin with Landon didn't even really want to build the tree house the kids and I just talked him into it, but now that he is started on it -Look Out. He keeps emailing me plans for it that he has created at work. He decided it would be easier to make the walls at home instead of Flowell since he has all his tools here and a Lowe's that is just a little cheaper than Roper's. So now there is a tree house in my garage or at least part of one. It is even going to be complete with a window, door, lighting and an electrical outlet, and shingles on the roof by the time he gets done with it. We all better watch out the kids may never come down. I thougt this would be a project that might be in the process for the next year and just worked on a little at a time, but it looks like come Labor Day it will be complete. So I guess that means all family better come to Flowell over Labor Day to see the new addition. Chloe wanted to know if she could paint it and Landon was wondering about adding siding.

I'm glad that he is able to do things like this. It's fun for the kids, and it's nice to have a handy guy around who I know can fix or make most anything I want.

1 comment:

Taryn said...

Holy Smokes! That is pretty impressive. Good job Landon. The kids will have hours of fun.