Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Red Paint and Red Belt

Well I guess you could say that today I have been seeing red.














Mandy and her kids are down for a couple of days and so I nicely agreed to let Saydee spend the night. Well after dinner I was helping clean up and was doing some other stuff in the kitchen and I thought I should go check on the girls. My first clue that something was going on should have been that the door to Chloe's room was locked. After convincing them to open the door and let me in I saw the red paint. It was everywhere on completely cover the desk, tracked on the floor, and they had even started to paint the back of the door. I wish I could blame it all on Saydee but in all reality my daughter was the instigator and in fact the only one to paint the door at all. On top of the red paint I think every single toy in Chloe's room was out they said they were going camping and had to pack. AHHH! I put them both in timeout and then after having them help me clean up all the toys sat them at the kitchen table with some puzzles and games. I don't think they should be able to get into any trouble doing that. Luckily my Grandma has a steemer so maybe I'll be able to clean up all that red tonight it is washable after all.

The other red I saw today was actually a much better red. Tanner got his red belt in Karate today. I can't believe how far he has come. He has been in Karate since the end of preschool right before he started kindergarten and now he is going to be starting 3rd grade. There are a couple degrees of red belt, then junior black belt, then black belt. He has really stuck with it and worked hard to get where he is at. Before you now it I'll have a black belt for a son.

Sorry about the red eyes in this photo after all I've been through today I just didn't fill up to fixing them.

3 comments:

keganichols said...

Reading about the girls just brings me back to the good old days. I am determined not to have a girl now. I'm sure my moms threat will come back to haunt me. You know the one "You'll have a girl just like you." I'm glad you can see the humor in it. I've decided grabbing the camera is the best way for me to get over the really destructive acts.

mikeandkathyniles said...

Hi Tia,
Your family looks good. It is nice to have the blogs to know what everyone is upto. We will have to get together sometime.
Kathy

Anonymous said...

Tia, I now know that what goes around comes around. Remember the BIG "T" 3'x 3' on the bedroom floor. You were about 4 year old also. The girls just tickle me. Love you, Mom