Monday, August 11, 2008

First Day Not Postponed After All

So I guess I blogged that last entry a little bit to quick. After Tanner had slept in a little bit and with the help of some headach medicine he jumped out of bed and was ready to go to school. So he ended up getting there for his first day after all. It's hard for me to believe that my little boy is already starting 3rd grade and will be turning 8 in a couple of weeks. Where did the time go. I wish all my pictures were digital so I could put one of him on his first day of school through the years so you could see the change. He looks so little in his preschool and kindergarten pictures. Now he's still not a real big guy but I guess he just looks older. The hardest thing about getting him ready for school is sending him a lunch. At his school they have to take a sack lunch and it's so hard to find things he likes. Today his lunch consisted of some slices of cheese, a yogurt granola bar, and some water. If anyone has any great lunch suggestions pass them on. Oh yeah he doesn't like most sandwiches or lunchables.
I found out Chloe won't be starting preschool until after labor day so she still has a few weeks. She will be kind of sad she is ready to start now today she wore her backpack around for most of the morning. She almost cried today after we got home from dropping Tanner off at school and she realized her buddy wasn't coming home with us. It was so sad.

2 comments:

LOVE TO DANCE said...

Tia I love your posts. I love that you put detail. The red...that is a doosy!you handled it much better than I would have. Good luck at GWA this year. Congrats to Tanner on his red belt.
Leslie

Anonymous said...

Tanner,
I'm so glad you were able to go to school. You look very nice and really grown-up. Love you mostest, Crazy