Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Apricots

Apricot season is here and between my Grandmas tree and my next door neighbors we have tons. The kids and I all love to eat them, but there is so many that they would never all get eaten before they went bad, so I decided to be productive.
I made about 4 batches of apricot jam. The sad thing is we really don't even eat it, as most of us prefer strawberry, but I figured I could give it away and maybe use some of it for Christmas, so it won't be wasted.
On top of the jam-I dried several batches. They turned out great and I think they were getting eaten faster than I could dry more. Seriously I think I only have a small baggie full of them left, and I dried a lot!!! I guess at least it is a pretty healthy snack right ;)
Well apricot season has come and gone...until next year I guess.


No comments: