Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Bryce's 3rd Birthday Party-STAR WARS STYLE


The day before Bryce's birthday party we were out at Grandma Marshall's making his birthday cake. He was having a star wars party and had chosen an R2D2 cake. Of course Grandma is amazing so no surprises that she was able to pull it off.
Bryce really wanted to help decorate, so we let him decorate a few cupcakes himself. Of course he then wanted to eat them, so he got plenty of sugar that day.
Saturday morning before Bryce's party we went out to Grandma Marshall's. There was a present waiting out there for him that several of us had gone in on. The one thing Bryce told us he wanted for his birthday was a four wheeler. We had decided not to get him one until I found this one on a 50% off clearance sale. Yeah! He was super excited.
Of course we had to have balloons for the party. Grandma Tawny bought him one and I got the other. Of course they went with the star wars theme-Chewbacca and R2D2.

There is a new indoor playground in town called Ready, Set, Play. We have been there a few times and Bryce absolutely loves it. When I found out you could book it for birthday parties I decided it would be a great place to have his party.
I of course had fun on Pinterest finding some cute ideas for treats and party favors. We didn't do a lot of games or anything cause they had plenty to do there already, but we did make a photo booth and a Pin the Light Saber on Yoda game. 

This saying is really how we feel about our little Bryce we feel that not only the force is strong with him, but also that he was sent to bring balance to the force.

So I let Chloe and a couple of her friends man the photo booth. The pictures didn't turn out as great as I had hoped-I think partly because I should have told them to use the flash and zoom in more and I didn't, but everyone still had fun with it. Also I think the actual Polaroid pictures that they took and sent home with each family might have turned out a little better than the ones on my camera.

The kids all were really having so much fun just running around and playing. I could barely get them to come for cake and to open presents. When it was time to go and parents had to gather up kids to go home I heard more than one kid crying cause they wanted to stay and play some more-Bryce included.
It was a really fun day for Bryce. We are so grateful that we have so many wonderful family and friends who attended his party.

No comments: