Sunday, January 6, 2013

New Years Weekend

 Over new years weekend we went to Landon's parents house. The whole fam was there for about 5 days so it was pretty wild, but lots of fun. We celebrated Christmas and had our annual white elephant exchange which is always a blast.
Chloe told someone that when we go to Grandma Wendy's house Tanner has a whole bunch of minions-which is definitely true. I wish I had a video of what happens when the door to the basement opens and Tanner is the one coming up he is usually swiftly followed by 5-9 children ranging from the ages of 2-9. HAHA! It reminds me of clowns coming out of a car. I think Chloe was a little sad because she said she didn't really have any minions like Tanner did.
Grandpa called a few days before we headed up there, and told the kids to make sure they brought their snow stuff and he would pull them on the sleds behind the tractor. Chloe told us that she had a nightmare that she had forgotten her stuff and she couldn't play in the snow.

 We took advantage of the sledding opportunities while we were there since they are pretty slim down here in St. George. On New Years Eve we loaded up all the kids who wanted to go and took them sledding at the North Park in Fillmore. They had a blast! I couldn't believe how long the lasted. I kept thinking it's been an hour someone has got to start crying soon-it's time to go home. 
 I thought for sure Dustin would be done right here when my brother-in-law Jeff took him out, but he hopped right back up. It took him hitting into a fence and knocking out a tooth and pinching his ear before the tears fell. Poor Kid :( It was forgotten soon enough though a little Carl's Jr for lunch helped do the trick. 
 On New Year's Eve we had a party of sorts. We had lots of fun little games for the kids and then they were all so worn out from sledding that once they were in front of a movie they all fell asleep. I think only Makele made it until 12. The adults also played some card games and stuff- I missed out because I went to bed pretty early, but I think they had a good time.
 Even though it can be crazy with that many people in the house, it is always nice to get together. It probably won't happen again until Easter and by then there will be one more grandkid to add to the mix :)

No comments: