Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Home Improvement Projects

I have been meaning to post this for awhile, but am finally getting around to it. Landon has been busy, busy, busy around here the last few weeks. He decided to tackle a few home improvement projects around the house before the arrival of the baby. He has found some great deals on Craigslist and made several trips to Lowe's but I think he might finally be happy with the end results. I know I am. Even though I did do a little bit of complaining with all the time he was spending on certain aspects.
We have been without a dishwasher for over a year. I didn't realize how much easier they made life. That was one of the first things on the list new-to us anyways dishwasher. 
 The Living Room was next. We got rid of the giant entertainment center and added some simple wall shelving as well as mounting the TV to the wall. Landon's baby on this project was installing surround sound :) We also updated the couch and added a rocking chair.
 Next up the laundry room-this is my favorite upgrade. He put in some nice shelving and storage options. Plus the new-to-us front loading washer and dryer. He found them for a sweet deal on Craigslist and they really do make a difference in the amount of time it takes to do our laundry.
 Here is his baby. The garage. He took down all the old shelving he had previously built and added all new shelves and organizational systems. Now there is a place for everything out there and it really opened it up quite a bit so there is more room to park or for batting practice.
 I am thankful to have such a handy guy in my life-even though at times his projects can drive me crazy-because he tends to be a bit of a perfectionist-in the long run they make life easier :)




1 comment:

Abby and Brenda said...

Everything looks great! You are lucky to have a handyman around the house!