Saturday, June 27, 2009

WHAT A FRIDAY

Yeseterday we had quite a day. I will tell you a little bit about it.
It started out at 8:30 am we headed over to my sister Tiffanies houes where we cooked up 8 loaves of Zucchini bread. While we cooked the kids had lots of fun playing with Taelor on the trampoline.
From there we headed over to Midas. (my car had been overheating and losing antifreeze so Landon wanted me to have the radiator serviced to see what was going on-normally he would do this himself but he is kind of out of comission for awhile) What they found not good-the water pump was done for, and since I had to have the 3.5 engine instead of the 3.4 or 3.6 the part would cost $200-$400 dollars instead of $80-$100 with labor ontop of that. So I told them to leave it alone and called my Dad. Yep super Dad to the rescue. He headed down from Cedar with the part and fixed it. Saving me at least a couple hundred in labor.
Thanks Dad
In the meantime while my car was a Midas the kids and I went with my Grandma to do a couple things- we went to Wal-Mart, the Post Office, the Library, and then we went out for Pizza. Grandma of course spoiled the kids and took them out for Frozen Yogurt afterwards too. They both got there favorite-Cake Batter.
When I picked up my car from Midas I headed home to meet my Dad who arrived shortly with the part for my car. While we were waiting I set up Chloe's little pool and the slip n slide. A couple of Chloe's friends came over to play along with 3 uninvited stragglers, my niece Taelor, and of course Tanner. That makes 8 kids. Having a Blast in the water on our little front lawn. Oh yead and don't forget Licorice she was out there in the pool and on the slide along with all the kids. My dad said when he pulled in it looked like a three ring circus with me as the clown.LOL
They played until about 5:00 which is about the time my Dad finished up and Landon got home.

But the fun wasn't over yet. Chloe insisted that our neighbor Dave come in and reconstruct the tent he had built for them earlier in the week. So once that was done and everyone gone home. We all sacked out on the couch and watched a movie and then hit the hay.
What a Day!

2 comments:

Abby and Brenda said...

Wow, I am a boring mom compared to all that! My kids would love to be that entertained!

mandy85 said...

I made zucchine bread too and it turned out so yummy. It looks like the kids had a blast. I want to get a slip n slide for the kids too.