Saturday, June 13, 2009

Trip to the ER


Well we started out our Saturday with a trip to the ER. Landon was out working in the garage with his saw (he was fixing the kitchen drawer for me) then all of the sudden I heard him yell to the kids to get mom, and as he walked through the door all I could see was blood everywhere. We all jumped in the car and headed to the ER, luckily it was only a block away.

Warning the following photos may be gruesome......
The verdict- he sliced into all of his fingers but the thumb. The pinky and the next finger had the least damage and were repaired with some stiches. The middle finger was cut pretty good and he also cut at least one of the nerves in that finger. The pointer finger got the worst of it. He cut the tendon in it, cut at least two nerves, and for the time being does not have a fingerprint more like just a big blob on the end of his finger. He goes into surgery Monday sometime to fix the two fingers with the most damage. So he'll be out of commission with his right hand for awhile.

4 comments:

Taryn said...

Man I just about lost it looking at these pictures. Looks pretty rough Landon. Hope everything goes okay on Monday.

mandy85 said...

That looks like it hurts. I hope everything goes good on monday and that they give you good pain meds. That makes my hand hurt looking at it. Gavin was pretty upset about it all.

Alisha said...

oh my gosh...it looks so painful! Do you need help watching the kids on monday? I would love to watch your kids. Hope everything goes well with his surgery. Let me know if you guys need anything!!!!

Kaysie said...

oh man! that is crazy! my grandfather just did this on friday working at my aunts! He says it is pretty painful! good luck with everything!