Tuesday, June 30, 2009

A Good Book-The Book Thief

I just finished The Book Thief. I haven't been putting all my book reviews on here lately, because I now use goodreads on facebook to review them all, but I thought this one was good enough I would put in on here.
The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
If your up for something a little different and maybe a little more challanging to read. This book is for you. Here is my review:
During the first three chapters I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to read this book. It just had a different writing style and wasn't really pulling me into the story. However so many people had told me how good it was that I forged ahead. I was glad I did. After that it was smooth sailing. The story started to come together and I wanted to keep reading. This is a story about a young girl, Liesel, durning the time of Hilter, the Jews, and the War. Unlike most stories about this time period it is not written about the Jew but about a German girl and her struggles and challanges growing up in that time, especially when she befriends a Jew. The narrator is death himself. This is and interesting and gripping story. A very good book indead

No comments: