Sunday, April 19, 2009

The Boy in the Striped Pajamas

Last night we rented the Boy in the Striped Pajamas. I had recently read the book, and had been wanting to see this movie.
I felt that the movie did a very good job portraying the story in this book. The story is about two young boys during Hitlers time one is a Natzi soldiers son the other is a Jew in a concentration camp. I won't say more because I don't want to give it away.
I will say this though this is a movie everyone should see. Read the book as well. I wouldn't recommend it for young kids though it doesn't show blood and guts but is is disturbing in parts if they are old enough to understand what is going on.

2 comments:

mandy85 said...

I haven't seen it yet but I wanted to rent it so now that you said it's good I will.

Kaysie said...

i want to read the book.

have you read The Hiding Place?
it is amazing.