Monday, February 12, 2018

36 Years

Last week I turned 36. That's hard to believe. It was a pretty low key. A few days before my birthday my Mom and Grandma took me out to lunch, they had to do it early since my Mom was headed back to Arizona. Then day before my birthday I went out to lunch with a couple of my friends Amy and Tara. On my birthday the kids and Landon gave me some presents and then that night after Chloe got done with practice we went out to dinner at the Olive Garden. Chloe asked them to sing to me. They said "will you help us" and she told them "no" HA. They still came and sang and brought us this delicious desert to share. On Saturday Tanner took me to lunch because he wasn't able to go to dinner with us on my actually birthday since he was at work. It was a nice little lunch with just the two of us. Saturday Landon also took me shopping. It was part of his present. He told me he wasn't good at getting stuff, and he had been so busy at work that this was his gift to me. It was thoughtful, because Landon hates shopping with me. He does not enjoy it. He usually avoids stores at all costs. I know it was extremely painful for him, but I appreciate him for doing it and I got some nice new clothes out of the deal.
Bryce was a little disappointed that I didn't have a birthday cake, but I told him sometimes when you get older you don't really want one, because you chose yummy deserts like the one at Olive Garden instead. He wasn't sold.
Thankful I got to celebrate with my family and friends.

No comments: