Monday, December 11, 2017

One of the Hardest Days of My Life

The day after Thanksgiving was one of the hardest days of my life. It was the day we moved my Grandma away. My Grandma and me have a super close relationship. I consider her one of my best friends, and she has been since the time Landon and I moved to St. George when Tanner was a newborn baby. We would talk and do stuff frequently then, but over the years or friendship has grown. We talk on the phone daily, we would see hear every day during the week as we would stop by for a hello or a snack for Bryce (of which she would keep his favorites on hand), some days we would stop by twice before and after school/work both, on Fridays she would tend Bryce and they would have "Grandma Day", we would go shopping together or to lunch, we would make quilts and bottle, and just hang out. We loved having Grandma close by and spending time with her. She was and is a huge part of our lives. Then due to circumstances beyond any of our control she had to move. Unfortunately we couldn't find her anywhere in St. George. There is a housing shortage here for rentals, and specifically ones for seniors or low income people, so the only thing we were able to do at the time was move her in with my aunt who lives in Cedar City. It will definitely be a  hard transition she doesn't like the snow and cold and she is moving away from the neighborhood and friends she has lived by since 1980. The hardest part of the day was when I had to walk her to the car as she left her house for the last time. She was crying, I was crying, my Mom and aunt were crying and then to hear my Grandma say "this is the hardest day of my life". It was horrible. It's been hard on us all. Hopefully before to long we can find her a little place of her own. 

No comments: