Sunday, December 31, 2017

Christmas


I've said it before, but I truly love Christmas. I just love the spirit it brings and the joy and excitement. I definitely get it from my Mom and I seem to have passed it on to all of my kids. They truly get excited for the whole season. Christmas morning not to be exempt. It's hard to sleep in. When we were little my parents would always let us get up pretty early. Landon and I have carried on that tradition with our kids. I mean it's once a year-why not! 
With that being said. This year Christmas was actually one of the hardest Christmas's I have ever had. The week previous we had gone through some pretty hard things with Tanner, and if kind of affected the whole mood of Christmas. I struggled to be happy or feel the same things I usually do on Christmas. I actually cried on Christmas Eve something I don't think I've ever done. I really had to try to be happy. I didn't want  my mood to affect how anyone else was feeling, and in the end I was able to feel better about things. I think we all ended up having a pretty good couple of days and were able to still feel the magic and spirit we usually do, despite the trials we were going through.
Christmas morning started early as usual, honestly Bryce got up every single morning in December at 5 o'clock so we couldn't expect it to be any later than that now could we ;). We had told the kids not before 4. Well Bryce was in our room awake at 3, and he asked me every 5 minutes if it was time yet. I gave him my phone to watch Rudolph to buy a little time.

A little before 4 the two older kids joined us, and at that point we knew there was no sense fighting it any longer and we went out to see what Santa had left under the Christmas Tree.

Looks like Santa found us. Notice the progression of gifts. The older the kid the less they have. It's because the gifts get smaller and more expensive.


Stocking Treasures

Tanner got plane tickets to New York


Bryce was so excited
 Bryce told Santa he wanted a Yeti for Christmas aka Abominable Snow man. Mom and Santa went all out with the theme. He  got Yeti PJ's for Christmas Eve and his wrapping paper from Santa was even Yeti's. So Fun!
The Yeti he wanted.
 Chloe was pretty happy to get some Jake Paul merch and the camera she really wanted but wasn't sure she would get.


 Peeps. Landon and the kids all love these. Mom not so much. I'll just stick to my nuts and junior mints.
I received an ancestry DNA kit for Christmas and I'm excited to send it in and find out my results.
 We had a nice relaxing day must hanging out and playing with our new Christmas stuff. Landon and I even went back to sleep for several hours that morning.



Usually when we are in Fillmore on Christmas we are able to sled but this year there was hardly any snow,, which meant no sledding, but it did mean the kids were able to go on the zip line and jump on the trampoline. Bryce even went down the zip line this time and loved it. The kids as usual had a blast with their cousins.

Chloe put her camera to good use and was able to catch some great shots of Christmas Weekend.









I truly love my family and am so grateful that I am able to spend times like this with them. 
Merry Christmas.

No comments: