Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Last Days of School


Last Week the kids finished up school. The official last day was Thursday May 21. They both pretty much knew that the last week didn't count for much. I kind of let them decide whether or not to go to school that week. Chloe ended up going everyday. Tanner only went one morning to drop off an assignment and then he went on Wednesday (which was a partial day) for year book singing and stuff like that. Part of Chloe's decision was based on spending time with her friends-she has been kind of sad the past week because most of her close friends from this year won't be returning to GWA. I am hoping that when the school year starts next year she will find friends from previous years and be able to renew those friendships-and all will be well.
Over the week Chloe's class did a lot of fun things. One day was field day-I went to help out. I was in charge of a few stations. Chloe's teacher told Chloe Bryce could go on rotations with their class. He had the best time playing on the inflatable slides, getting wet, and eating sno-cones with Chloe and her class. He thought he was just one of the big kids. Chloe's teacher was so nice and even took pictures and sent them to me.



Chloe's teacher, Mrs. Gass, has been the perfect fit for Chloe as a teacher. She is a great teacher and truly understands kids. Chloe has greatly excelled in her class this year. Although she didn't get straight A's this last semester (she missed it by to B+'s) we truly are proud of all she has accomplished this year.
 
Although Tanner's last quarter grades were not quite the straight A's I was hoping for (throw in a couple A-'s, a B- in Science and B in honors math). I guess I really can't complain-he is still doing really well. Despite a rigorous athetic schedule this last quarter he still managed to pull off pretty decent grades. Add that to the fact that he is socializing and stuff like that more than he has in the past two years, which is huge and I have to admit it has been an okay year for him. It has had it's downs and rough spots but overall he has done well for himself. He has grown a lot in more than one way.
On the last day of school Chloe had Brydee over and they hung out with some of the other girls in the neighborhood. I bought them a special end of school treat from the Sweet Tooth Fairy :)
 On the last day of school Tanner went to an end of year party with some of his friends. He had a fun time swimming and hanging out. I am really glad he is getting out and socializing, but late nights are super hard on me. I am not a night time person! I actually had to set my alarm to wake me back up to go pick him up at midnight!!! I seriously can not wait until he can drive-only one more year!!!

No comments: