Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Teacher Appreciation Week-Space Theme

Last week was Teacher/Staff Appreciation Week at Chloe's school of course I was in charge again-lol. I think it's one of those things I might never get away from until I no longer have kids at that school. This year for the first time in the past several years I had an awesome co-chair, Julianna Meyers. It helped so much just having someone else share part of the load and also was a great blessing when Bryce ended up sick and I wasn't able to finish my obligations during the luncheon which we held for all the teachers/staff on Friday afternoon.
We chose a space theme for this year.
"Our teachers/staff are OUT OF THIS WORLD!"
We had parents bring in goodies and snacks to the teachers lounge every morning. Here are some of the decoration we put up in there...



Here is a picture of the cute bulletin board in the teachers lounge made by one of the parent volunteers.

We made sure all of the doors got decorated-mostly this was done by room parents and volunteers, but there were a few we had to cover that didn't get done.
Landon helped me make a few the night before....

Of course I had lots of good ideas but it was thanks to my sister in law Brenda that we had cute designs for our theme and daily handouts. Here is the note that went out to all the teachers...
Monday's Handout-You're the STAR of our school (with starburst candy of course)
Tuesday's Handout-You are OUT OF THIS WORLD (with Milky Way Bar)
Wednesday's Handout-was an 8x10 print with a quote from YODA.
Thursday's Handout-Give yourself a Cosmic Smile (it had a packet of Orbit gum and a gift card to a local teeth whitening lounge attached)
Disclaimer-Friday I had a sick baby and was running on little sleep since he had been up all night the previous night. I didn't get a picture of the daily handout, the luncheon, or the cute ice cream bar we had put together ;(
Here is the saying for Friday though-"Shoot for the moon, even if you miss you'll land among the stars". This was attached to a little debbie star crunch as well as a movie ticket and a ticket for a free popcorn.
All in all I think the week went great! The teachers/staff were truly appreciative. It was a lot of work-and I'm super glad it's over, but I really do like being in charge of this for the teachers each year-shhhh let's not let that get out though-haha.

No comments: