Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Reading in the Tub

Sunday night I was getting ready to give Bryce a bath. He came walking into the bathroom with his new Ice Age Book that Great-Grandma had given him. (A little note...Bryce has moved onto Ice-Age instead of Farms-he watches the movies, reads the books, and plays with toy dinosaurs and other pre-historic animals ) Anyways he was determined that the book was going in the tub with him-after all he sees Mom and Sis take books in the bath all the time, so why shouldn't he. I was finally able to get it away from him and sat it on the towel rack above the toilet. I then got him settled in the tub. A few minutes later I walked into the living room to grab something and then went back to check on him, when I walked back in the bathroom he told me "no Mom get out". If that isn't a red flag for him doing something he shouldn't I don't know what is. It was then that I realized he was holding his book under the water so I wouldn't see it. Who knows how long it had been under for! He was distraught when I took the book from him to try and salvage. I was able to dry it out after a few days although the front cover is pretty much destroyed as well as several of the pages. So now we are in the market for a new ice age book and I have learned to watch Bryce like a hawk when there is something he is determined to do. 

No comments: