Sunday, October 23, 2016

Tomatoes

If there is one thing we can never have enough of around here it is bottled tomatoes. My kids love spaghetti, but they only want it if I make the sauce myself using bottled tomatoes. Seriously though, they want it at least once a week, which means there is forever a shortage of tomatoes around here. I try to bottle some every year to keep them in stock, but a few months ago I realized we were down to only a couple of bottles left. So I bought a few cases of tomatoes here and there and between my Grandma Marshall and I we got maybe 24 bottles done. It has been crazy trying to get any bottling in with my new work schedule, and crazy kid schedules, but we did it. A few of them I actually did at home all by myself. Usually I work with my Grandma at her house on them. I think I did a pretty good job, even though I forgot to add the salt and so I had to take them out of the boiling water and add it, but luckily I remembered right after I put them in. Live and learn. I hope the kids appreciate it!!!
Maybe we will make it through until next summer now ;)


No comments: