Sunday, October 30, 2016

Deer Hunt

After our little trip to Salt Lake, Chloe and I met the boys in Fillmore. It was time for the deer hunt. Landon and the two older kids were planning to go with Landon's brother Layne and some other family and friends-per their yearly tradition. Tanner and Landon both had deer tags. Chloe put in but didn't draw out, so she will probably get one next year.
While they were getting everything ready to go Bryce had lots of fun riding the donkey and horses. I thought he would cry when they finally left, because he would want to ride out with them, but I think he missed me a little bit the two previous days, so he was happy to stay with me.




Chloe and Dakota

Goodbye hug for Daddy

 Even though they didn't end up getting anything. I think for the most part they had fun. Tanner whined and complained about going home a lot especially right at first, but towards the end he settled in and had fun. Chloe would have stayed a whole week if Landon would have let her. Tanner and Landon both got a couple of shots at a deer, but neither one hit one. One of the people in camp, did get a small one, so they cut it up and ate it and made jerky at camp. The kids both loved it-I was pretty surprised cause I didn't think Tanner would like it at all. All in all I think it was a good experience for them and will be a good memory of something they did together.





While the other were off hunting Bryce and I spent a few days in Flowell. We visited with my sister Mandy and Bryce played a little bit with Hanxton, but mostly we just hung out at Grandpa and Grandma Ellison's house. Bryce was the only grandkid around, a rare occurrence, so he loved having free reign of all the toys and space. He had some good one on one time with Grandma and just thoroughly enjoyed himself. He is already looking forward to going back for Thanksgiving although I think that will be quite a shock to his system because the whole family and all the cousins will be there.



No comments: