Thursday, August 1, 2013

Chloe's Choice

Before I tell the story behind this post there are first a few things you must now about our Chloe. First off Chloe is athletically blessed-there is no denying it-I'm not bragging it's really just a fact. Second off Chloe knows what she wants. She is very competitive and very self motivated when it comes to practicing, working out, and pushing herself-not so much for doing her chores and homework but that's another story. Third Chloe dreams of competing in sports in high school, college, and the Olympics. Anyways in May we made a really tough decision and moved Chloe to a bigger gym-more commitment, more time, harder work, more money...At that time I talked with the coach and told him that Chloe didn't want to yet fully commit herself to gym. She had to many other sports she loved and still wanted to do, and she wasn't ready to make a choice. Also we wanted it to be her choice not ours. He told me there will be a point especially with the move to the new gym where she will say I am loving gym and this is really what I want to focus on or gym isn't as fun as it used to be and I'm ready to focus on other things. Well a few days ago Chloe made her choice. She came up to me and said "Mom I need to talk to you about something" okay "I've think I want to quit gym and focus more on swimming and soccer". Wow! I wasn't expecting that just cause it was so out of the blue. I told her that was fine if that is what she really wanted. She said it was just to hard to do gym with all her other sports and school too. I told her if she quit gym now that would mean she wouldn't be competing in it or going to the Olympics because she would be to far behind. She said I know-I plan to go for swimming and soccer-ha ha. I told her it was fine, but that maybe she should pray about it just to make sure she was making the right choice. She told me she already had-what can you say to that. So I called the gym and canceled-frustrating thing they have a 30 day cancellation policy so I still had to pay for August-UGH! I can't say it isn't a little bit sad to see her give up gym-it has been part of her life for the past five years and when your kid has done something for so long it's hard to let it go, but ultimately deep down this is the path I had hoped she would take.

No comments: