Thursday, December 18, 2008

SNOW DAY!

So today was officially a snow day in St. George and not just the one the schools usually take in the spring because we never use it in the winter. They actually closed all schools due to snow, because St. George City doesn't have any snow plows. So that mean the kids and I had the day off. The kids were so excited. I thought Chloe would be a little sad because it was supposed to be her Christmas Party at school today, but she said she would rather play in the snow, and make snow angels, because all she did at school was learn and learn and learn. Tanner was glad for the snow, but said I hope they don't close school tomorrow because school is like the funnest thing on earth, and plus I don't want to miss my class party. They are both so different.

They had me out at 8:00am to play in the snow. The temp wasn't actually that bad. They both made a snowman, and a snow angel, then Chloe started working on a snow baby, while Tanner set to work rolling the world's biggest snowball. It got so big he finally couldn't push it anymore even with my help.We were out there for about an hour, and we saw a few neighbor kids and their families out too.They had so much fun and when we got back in they wanted to know when we could play in it again. My Grandma and Mom said the last time they actually remember the schools being closed for a snow day, was the year they moved down here 30+ years ago. They said there were like 100 or more accidents that day, because nobody knew how to drive in the snow, or else the teenagers were spinning broadies and then lost control. Maybe I'd better stay home today. ha ha

2 comments:

mandy85 said...

I think you guys have as much snow as we do in fillmore. We haven't even played in the snow yet. I wish school would close here the roads are really slick.

Kaysie said...

i saw your HUGE snowman. that is awesome. michael and i didnt even try... we dont have those skills! this is as much snow as michael has seen in a place he's lived!!! cute pics!