Monday, May 27, 2019

Red Reef Trail

The two younger kids and I hiked the Red Reef Trail located in the Red Cliffs Recreation Area. This is a short scenic hike perfect for anyone. The trail head for this hike is located in the Red Cliffs Recreation campground. However, it was an extremely busy weekend and the campground and parking in the campground was full, so we had to park in the overflow parking which is quite a hike into the campground. Unfortunately Bryce had new hiking shoes on and one of them was rubbing his foot funny, so by the time we got to the trail head his heel was bleeding and he wasn't very happy. I just had him take his shoes off and he was able to do the actual hike without shoes on. At a few points along the way you could jump into the water, it didn't take much to convince Chloe to take the plunge. Bryce was having nothing to do with it-he does not like dirty water. 
Bryce's poor heel

We decided it would be best if he went without a shoe




















We had fun and luckily a quick call to Landon and Tanner got us a ride back from the trail head to the overflow parking when we were finished. I know this picture of myself isn't the most flattering, but I'm trying to really focus on making memories with my kids and not worry so much about how I might look. 

No comments: