Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Spring Break in Arizona (day 1)

Last year I took Chloe and Bryce to Arizona for Spring Break. I decided to make it a tradition and planned another trip this year. Tanner was also able to go with us this time. We headed out bright and early Saturday morning. I think we ended up leaving town about 6:30. 
The first thing Bryce wanted to do when we got into the car was break into the peeps which I had bought the day before as a snack for the trip. 
The kids wanted to stop and see the Hoover Dam when we got to that point in our drive. I thought they were kidding at first, so I passed the first turn off and had to back track a bit, but we made it. We parked and hiked to the look off point to view it. It was pretty cool. Bryce was a little worried about the height of the bridge we were on, but he did let me snap one picture as long as he didn't have to stand too close to the side. Then it was back to the car.


Tanner really wanted to help drive so after the our stop at the Hoover Dam I finally consented and let him drive for a bit. It is really hard for me to let other people drive. I have serious fears. Even riding with Landon who is one of the best drivers I know I get intense anxiety at times. I'm pretty sure I have Amaxophobia-which is the fear of being a passenger-it's a real thing. So even though Tanner did a good job driving-that was a hard part of the trip for me. I let him drive for a few hours until we needed a potty stop, which ended up being in a small town called Wikieup. 


Back to the road again. This time we drove until we were all starving and ready for a lunch break. 
After we had all eaten and had a little break to the car. It was back to the road, but at this point we were only about an hour and a half away so the end was in sight.
We finally made it. We hauled all of our stuff in an relaxed for a minute, but then we actually loaded back up to head to the bowling alley and dinner. Jeff's son and his family were in town for one more night and they wanted to do something fun with us all. On the way to the bowling alley Bryce fell asleep for the first time all day-yep he didn't sleep once on the drive down.
We went to Fat Cats to bowl. It is a fun place that hosts a bowling alley, arcade, indoor mini golf, pizza place, and movie theater. We had to wait for about 30 minutes for our lane so the kids played some arcade games while we waited. 









Bryce and Clancy were the winners
We finally got our lanes and ordered some pizza and stuff to eat while we bowled. 
We all had fun. It was a good way to spend our long day of driving.

When we got home and were all getting ready for bed the 3 little boys had a blast wrestling with Tanner. 
My kids also discovered (Bryce) or rediscovered (Tanner and Chloe) the wii and it would bring them hours of entertainment and contention over the next several days.


No comments: