Friday, January 5, 2018

Raising a Teenager is Hard


I would have to say raising a teenager is one of the hardest things I've ever had to do. It's harder than recovering from surgery, or giving birth. Harder than staying up all night with a fussy baby, or having your parents go through a divorce. It's just plain hard.
The past few months have been especially hard on me. Tanner has gone through some pretty rough things. Things that have brought me to tears and to my knees more than once. It has been hard to be stay positive. It has been really hard to deal with everything we have been dealt. I feel like I am on a roller coaster with him-ups and downs all over the place.
But we are getting through this. Things are going better-most days. He is a good kid he just needs to figure that out and I truly think that he will. At least I will continue to hope and pray that he does-forever-because I love him no matter what-no matter how much his actions hurt me-because I am his mother and I love him-and I know he loves me even if his actions don't always prove it.


No comments: