Thursday, January 18, 2018

How We Ended up Having Pizza Instead of Roast for Sunday Dinner

We received a electric pressure cooker for Christmas. I was excited! I had heard so much of the miracles of these things and the wonderful meals you could prepare. So last Sunday Landon and I decided we would invite our neighbor over for a nice birthday dinner and cook a roast and veggies in the pressure cooker. Maybe we should have tested it out first-because it didn't work. We thought we had read the directions and did it right, but the machine wouldn't pressurize and it wouldn't seal right. We kept trying, and started to panic as the time for him to arrive drew closer. Finally, we determined it was a no go and it wasn't going to work. So I dialed Domino's and ordered pizza. (a side not we normally don't eat out on Sunday unless we are traveling or out of town, due to religious convictions-however sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do) I sent Tanner out to pick them up, and I sent him to the wrong location-UGH! He finally got the pizzas and made it back to the house. We only ate a few minutes late, and our guest was only a little disappointed that we were having pizza not roast-ha! I think the kids were actually happier with the pizza. LOL



No comments: