Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Courtesy Award

A few week ago I received an email letting me know that my daughter would be receiving an award at school for Courtesy. I actually laughed out load. Chloe seriously?! Are we talking about the same child here. Chloe is not know for being courtesy. She is bold and blunt. She is sassy to other students as well as adult and teachers. She is just Chloe. When I told her she didn't believe me. She told her friends and they didn't believe her-HA. She threatened me not to come or take pictures she wasn't happy about receiving it. I didn't take any but the school and her good friends mom did.

In my classroom we were having a birthday the same day she got the award. We decided to have a little fun and alter the banner. Chloe came in to pick up a snack and instead of the sign reading Happy Birthday. It said Congrats Chloe. I had gone home already by the time I came in, but the ladies I work with made her stand under it and took her picture. When I picked her up after school she said "don't even talk to me right now." LOL-Oh Chloe
 I thought about this award a little bit and a couple of things came to mind. Maybe the teacher who nominated her for this was trying to work some reverse psychology on her. Or maybe someone had seen what I have on several occasions, that although Chloe is not necessarily overly courteous to most people it is the underdog she is nice to. The Special Education Students, someone whose friends are being mean to them, someone who she feels is being threatened by a teacher or another player on her team. Those are the people she is usually nice to and I guess that counts. 

No comments: