Monday, May 1, 2017

Strep Throat

A few weeks ago on Friday night Bryce started complaining of his head hurting, he had been pretty fussy that whole day, so I wondered if he was not feeling well. Later that night he woke up burning up with fever. Recognizing the symptoms from Chloe dealing with strep for so long, I took him into the InstaCare the next morning. Of course the quick strep test came back negative-hers always used to too-but they put him on an antibiotic anyways since he had 90% of the symptoms including really swollen glands. They told me they would call and tell me to stop them the following day if the 24 hour test came back negative as well, but if I didn't hear from them to keep him on them cause that meant it was positive. Just like I thought we never heard from them. He was pretty sick for a few more days before the meds kicked in. I took one day off work and Tanner took one day off school. Tanner was very helpful and even made a special trip to the store to get Bryce some popsicles at his request.

Finally by Wednesday he was feeling better and he went to school and the babysitter. When I picked him up I could tell he still wasn't back to 100% cause he just wanted me to hold him and even though Chloe had games we needed to get ready for I took a few extra minutes and granted his request. It was worth it for both of us.
He was good as new in a few days-just in time to go to Grandpa and Grandma's house for Easter.

No comments: