Monday, January 23, 2017

Letter Sounds and Starting to Read

Last week Bryce passed off all of his letter sounds. His teacher said he is now ready to start the reading program. She started sending home little books with him that we read a few times and then send back and she sends a new one home. I am so happy with what the Montessori program is doing for Bryce and what he has learned in just a short time since he started there. I can't wait to see what the next year and a half brings for him. Reading was at the top of my list when looking into preschool programs and I think I found the perfect one. As long as he is loving the learning that's what matters. He usually asks to work on his sounds and reading and if he doesn't and I ask him if he wants to he rarely turns me down, if he does  I don't push it,  I mean after all he hasn't even turned four yet and I want the learning to be a positive and fun experience for him. We are so proud of our little guy.

No comments: