Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Basketball Season is Here

Basketball Season is in full swing around here, which means life has gotten crazy busy. It's been a little bit of a balancing act trying to get Chloe to her practices clear across town on time, but we have done pretty good so far. Although some days I feel like once I get off work I am in the car driving for more time than I am actually home. It does help that I'm not coaching this year. Every year but one year I have coached Chloe's city league team. Last year she played city league and on the snow canyon middle school team. This year she is only playing on the snow canyon team-thank heavens cause with three day a week practices and games and tournaments I really don't know how she would do both this year.
She has traveled a lot already and is getting a lot of good game time in. I think it will be a fun year as well as continue to sharpen her skills. A few weeks ago the team traveled to an  overnight tournament in Kanab. It was a fun trip for the girls. I told Chloe I wanted her to be really aggressive and make sure she was on top of any loose balls and also going for all the rebounds. She got home and the first thing she did was proudly show me her three new bruises on her knees. That's my girl!

No comments: