Thursday, August 13, 2015

Talk in Churh

Last Sunday Tanner gave a talk in church about the trek. There were 3 other youth who also spoke on the same topic followed by a musical number and then the high council speaker. It was funny when the high council speaker got up he said this is the first time I have been the 5th speaker on the program and still had 25 minutes for a talk-haha! The youth all kept it short and sweet. Tanner did a great job.
Here is his talk...

For my talk today I was asked to speak on how trials on the trek will help me with trials in my life. I think that the hardest trial on the trek was walking for long periods of time. The good part about this was that I knew there would always be a better destination we were going to reach. As Elder M Russel Ballard said, while talking about the pioneers, “in the process they found joy amid the hardships and trials of the trek”. This can relate to life because there are many trials in life but one day you will be able to make it back to Heavenly father. Another challenge I faced on the trek was getting up in the mornings and wondering what challenges I would have to face that day. David B Haight said that the pioneers wrote in their journals about the anxiety they felt when they were trying to get there wagons equipped for the day’s journey. I know that the Trek was a good experience. The challenges that I went through on trek will help with the challenges in my life. I say these things In the name of Jesus Christ amen.

No comments: