Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Happy 14th Birthday to Tanner

 Tanner turned 14!!! Can you believe it?! Where has the time gone? He is definitely a teenager and some days I just want to pull my hair out because I feel like all I do is argue with him-haha. Now I regret my mom cursing me that some day I would have kids worse than me-seriously! No, but really he does help me out really well and I couldn't ask for a better big brother. He is so kind and patient with Bryce-they are the best of friends and despite all of his arguing with me and teasing and picking on his little sister I love him to pieces.
We had a small little party with Great Grandma and Aunts/Uncles/Cousins. He got spoiled and got just what he wanted. A new blanket from Great Grandma Marshall. Some money from Aunt Tiffanie and Aunt Shawna. Some money for a new book from Grandma Wendy (I think he has already pre-ordered the book). An I-tunes gift card from Grandma Tawny and Jeff (already all used up on songs and game downloads). And a super cool signed copy of a book from Aunt Sandi and Aunt Mandy (he finished reading it by Sunday night). Everyone knew just what to get him! Bryce thought it was his Birthday because Tanner let him open all of his presents for him.






 And of course per his request-Great Grandma made him a cheesecake. Two actually, 1 to share with everyone and 1 to save for later.

 We let him chose to go out to dinner or to the movies for his birthday. He chose the movies. Great Grandma took Bryce home with her while Landon, Tanner, Chloe, and I went to see the new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie. The movie was good and we all had a fun time. Tanner has liked the turtles ever since he was a little older than Bryce is now. He is making sure to pass that love onto Bryce. Bryce loves "teetles"; anything that has a turtle on it-he wants!

No comments: