Sunday, August 1, 2010

Our Fun Week in Flowell

So last week the kids and I spent the week in Flowell. We had lots of fun. Landon's sisters and their kids were there as well. I also had my sisters two kids most of the time, so it was pretty noisy but lots of fun.
The kids spent hours playing outside everyday. Grandpa and Grandma have a swing set and a cool dirt pile (soon to be sandbox) for them to play on. Grandpa even broke out the old water trough swimming pool so the kids were able to swim in it. Licorice would even jump in and join them. We didn't notice until it was too late that they were all being eaten alive by mosquito's-we invested in some bug spray-but they all probably have scars from scratching them off.

One day we went to the canyon and had a picnic. The kids had a great time running around and wading in the stream. Tyler even tried his hand at fishing and the kids all thought it was neat to watch the schools of fish from on top of the bridge. Tanner and Dawson of course had to swim instead of wade. They didn't think it was to cool when we headed home and I made them strip down to their undies before getting back in the vehicles. Ha!

We went swimming at the good old Fillmore City Pool two different times. (I didn't get any picts-Taryn will you send me some). We also went to story hour at the Fillmore City Library.

One Day we tried to take the kids to find the ice cube caves-we were just a little bit unprepared. (Let me just say this 10 kids in shorts and sandals walking across lava rock doesn't really work-we had to carry most of them out of there and put bandaids on all of them-luckily we had Tanner to help us out) Once again no pict of this but I think Taryn did happen to get one-so hopefully I can get that from her as well.

As we were leaving the ice caves Tanner caught this tiny baby frog. He wanted to keep it for a pet but I think it got handled way to much, because the next morning Chloe took it out for a little swim and she came back in and said "mommy this frog won't swim" poor little guy had taken his last breath.

The one quiet time of every day would be bedtime or when the kids were all engrossed in a tv show. The favorite seemed to be good Old Sponge Bob.

A quote from Tanner after we got home to my Grandma Marshall-"my Grandpa's 2nd favorite tv show is the news" her to him "what's his favorite?" him "SpongeBob, he always turns it on even when we don't ask him too" LOL Well I would be turning it on too if it could keep 8 or so kids quiet for 30 minutes or more.

2 comments:

Taryn said...

Oh my goodness that is hilarious what Tanner said to your Grandma. That is exactly right! We had a lot of fun. We should make it a tradition. I'm sure my Dad would love it ;)

Abby and Brenda said...

Tanner hit the nail on the head - LOL! It was lots of fun - we should do it again next summer! Jack is already missing Tanner - he keeps quoting him and telling me about all the games Tanner has.