Monday, August 23, 2010

1st Day of School

Today was the first day of school for the kids. On the one hand it was so nice to send them back to school but then on the other hand I think I might miss them just a little bit in the afternoons. However once I get going back to school myself-tomorrow, and back to work-in a few days then that will give me the time I need to get stuff done.

Chloe was actually really excited this morning when she woke up, which was a huge relief because she kind of had a hard year last year. The only thing she was a little bit sad about is that her best friend wasn't in her class. She is in 1st Grade can you believe it! Her teacher this year is Ms. Carlston. (Also I did have to threaten her not to repeat anything she had heard on the movie Diary of a Wimpy Kid and tell her it was okay to wear both straps of her backpack regardless of what she may have heard on that movie. LOL If you haven't seen it you should it's the new family fave Landon and the Kids quote it all day long.)

Tanner of course was happy to be going back, he loves school and always has. The only thing he didn't like was the his class this year is going to be in the portables. However his best bud Rohun is in his class and one of his other friends as well so he was pretty happy about that. He didn't want me to walk him to class, but then when we got there he kind of wavered and would have let me if I really wanted to, in the end he ended up going to find it all on his own. Such a big boy I can't believe he is in 5th Grade. WOW! His teacher this year is Mrs. Winder.

2 comments:

Brenda said...

Holy cow, 5th grade! That's so crazy! They both look so cute in their uniforms. Makele starts on Wednesday and Jack next week.

mandy85 said...

How fun I really can't wait for my kids to start.