Thursday, September 17, 2009

Dance and Gymnastics

Yesterday Chloe started her new dance/gymnastics combo class. We found a lady whose kids go to GWA who teaches in her basement. I thought this might be better for Chloe to introduce her a little bit more to dance, instead of scare her to death when it's time for a recital-like her dance class last year did.

I showed up a little early to get her and watched for a few mintues, surprisingly she was right in there doing the dance. (Last year it took her so long to warm up and even then she was very reserved about who saw her dance.) I think the smaller, less intimidating environment is working already.
Anyways after class she said "mom next week just pick me up after the gymnastics part of the class." I was like why she said "because my legs hurt the teacher kept making us do plie's and then stand up." I just laughed and said whatever Chloe you jump rope all day long I think you can handle a few plie's plus it will help your muscle get stronger. I told her Shawn Johnson and Hannah Montana both took dance, so I think that sealed the deal. I told her we'll do the class until Dec. and then if she wants she can keep doing it, or choose just dance or just gymnastics. So I guess we'll see what happens. I should add though that all night she was busting out in dance moves.

1 comment:

mandy85 said...

That is fun I wish something like that was offered here