Wednesday, January 28, 2009

DERBY TIME

Yesterday was the pinewoor derby for cub scouts. It was an exciting event. I guess you could say we were a little unprepared with Tanner's car. Maybe a little more laid back with it then we should have been. Don't get me wrong Landon and Tanner spent a lot of time on the actuall car it was more like the application of weights and which weights to use and also the use of graphite or lubricant on the wheels that we were maybe a little naive about.
I'll say this Tanner's car wasn't the slowest, but close to it. However he did get an award and trophy for the best design, and no it wasn't because his parents are the leaders we actually had nothing to do with handing out the awards. His car actually was pretty cool looking just not very fast. But he still had lots of fun and he even won a few races. Great Grandma Marshall came to watch and I think she enjoyed herself. Chloe really wanted a trophy to, but at least she got a candy bag and a rice krispy treat.
I think all the scouts had fun. It's kind of a cool event. The track is all computerized now too, so there is no debating the winner. Although a few people would still like to think there is. Our bishop was talking about having a ward pinewood derby at our spring ward party. I can only imagine the competition. It was intense enough at cub scouts I can only imagine it against grown men and women, but it would probably still be fun to watch.

I wonder how much time some of the boys actually spent on their cars or if they were even aloud to touch them at all before the derby started. Ha Ha

6 comments:

Brenda said...

Congrats, Tanner (and Landon)! Very cool car!

mandy85 said...

I love the car Tanner it's really cool.

Kaysie said...

haha! some people get really into it. i'm sad we couldn't be there. pinewood derby is like the most fun cub scout pac meeting :)

i went to watch the boys play basketball last night... text me or call me if you ever take your kids to practice or a game and we might come too. it was sorta fun.
k see ya!

Taryn said...

I'm sure Landon will do something about the car being faster for next year.

Anonymous said...

Great car Tanner. I'm really glad you had so much fun. Wish we could have been there to watch. Love Crazy

Kaysie said...

my family relationships teacher is Johnson.
i recommend that class to EVERYONE!have you taken it?