Sunday, January 5, 2020

Fall Break in Arizona

Fall Break time during for school, Landon and Chloe were gone hunting, Tanner was working, so Bryce and I decided to head down to Arizona for a few days. 
We actually flew rather than drove this time. We flew down with some of our friends who were also headed to Arizona for the break. It was Bryce's first flight and my second. I thought we navigated the airport fairly well and Bryce seemed to really enjoy the flight.


 Once we got to town we headed to Grandma Tawny's office to borrow her car. Bryce had to test out the deer butt pencil sharpener.
 I let Bryce choose one fun thing he wanted to do while we were there, no surprises that he chose a visit to the zoo. He woke me up super early the morning we were going because he was so excited to go. We did a little bit of shopping and of course I hit up the croc store while we were there...
3 pairs later (1 is for Christmas). With his sensory processing stuff crocs are pretty much the only thing he wears, so he owns a lot.

 He ate his apple jacks and read me some cat jokes while he waited to leave. 
 I knew I would need a drink to make it through the craziness of the Phoenix Freeways so I stopped in at the Soda Rush. Some nice person paid it forward and bought my drink for me.

 We finally arrived at our destination. The Wildlife World Zoo and Aquarium.
 This zoo is also a bird rescue so we saw a lot of birds. Bryce loved them all. Probably the birds, reptiles and monkeys were his favorites.






 In Dragon World he asked me to take a picture of almost every reptile we saw and that was a lot-HAHA


 We went on the skyride and were able to see lots of animals as we sailed over the top of the zoo.

 We went to the sea lion show. For my souvenir I bought a photo opportunity and experience for Bryce. He got to feed them fish (that took a lot of convincing and bribing but I was so proud of him for doing it) and then we got our picture taken with them.
 One of Bryce's very favorite things was the log flume ride. I had him take of his shirt because he hates his clothes and stuff to be wet. He had so much fun and really wanted to do it again. Mom was kind of a party pooper about it. 
 He was a little wore out, but a pretzel and Icee seemed to refuel him.
 Next we went on the Walk About and saw lots of kangaroos up close.
 Feeding the birds was definitely one of the highlights. It took some patience to get them to land on him, but he was so happy and stood very still when they finally did. One even landed on his head.



 He chose a stuffed monkey as we left as his souvenir. 
 The next day we went to the lake with my Mom and Jeff to do a little fishing.
We didn't catch much but Bryce had fun just cruising around on the boat.
He did not like it when I threw him in the lake with Grandma to cool off, but he was a pretty good sport about it.



 It was finally time to head home. We boarded the plane-monkey and all-without too much trouble.


 Back on the ground again. Time to head home and back to reality. Bryce and I had a fun couple of days together!

No comments: