Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Why I sometimes like to shop at Ross

I actually kind of have a love/hate relationship with Ross. The main thing I don't like is that it's not one of those stores you can run in and quickly grab what you need and run out. Every item is not displayed so you know exactly what is available and you just have to find your size, so unless you have time to browse the racks its not a good store to go into. Also there never seems to be enough tellers working there, so it can take a long time to check out, especially during the busy season. So sometimes when someone asks if I want to go to Ross I quickly tell them no thanks.
However, there are benefits. If you are willing to dig through the racks and try things on you can find nice stuff for cheap. When I was pregnant with Bryce I think I got almost all of my maternity clothes there. For Bryce especially there a few items I wouldn't buy anywhere else. I don't buy all of his clothes there, not even most of them, but what I do buy for him there are NIKE items. I can get him Nike athletic shorts and socks for a third of what I can get them for a Dick's Sporting Goods or somewhere else and honestly for his size they sometimes have a bigger selection. Another reason I like it is because every now and then you find something in there that you needed anyways and its cheaper than anywhere else in town. For example a few weeks ago I found Bryce a puddle jumper swim vest for $10. The next cheapest in town was at Costco for $15 and then Wal-Mart and Target for $20. I was going to buy him one anyways so that was a definite win for me. Of course I picked him up some Nike shorts and basketball socks while I was there as well ;)

I don't go in there often, but sometimes if I'm in the right kind of shopping mood or if it's for something specific I know they usually have I will and usually, but not always, I will come away with a purchase I am happy with.

No comments: