Saturday, March 26, 2016

Pay it Forward

I have read so many accounts of "pay it forward" acts of service and kindness, but until last week had never been the recipient of one myself. My sister Sandi and I had been out running errands all morning. I needed to go pick up Chloe before to long from school, so we decided we would stop by Dairy Queen to grab some lunch for us and the kids. We got up to the window and I handed them our money and the gal working said to me "oh you don't need to pay the car two cars ahead paid for you already". Wow! that made my day. Plus I could tell it made the person working happy to tell me that.
I guess now it is my turn to #payitforward. I have been trying to think up ideas.
Here are a few ideas I have come up with. I'll let you know when I chose one and do it.
(1) Pay for someone's groceries
(2) Look up a random person in the phone book and mail them $10 or $20
(3) Since I get my haircut at the hair college and the average tip is probably between $2 and $5. I was thinking I could one day leave a $20 tip.
(4) Pay for someone's food just like this person did for me

No comments: