Wednesday, December 10, 2014

SHOES

What is it with my kids and shoes?
It's not that they wear them out-no-all kids do that. It's that they completely wear them until they are falling apart and then instead of mentioning it to me they just continue wearing them. Sometimes for weeks or months-when I finally notice-it is usually not a time when I can run out and buy a new pair-and sometimes even when I do they continue to wear the old comfortable ones for months and months. Really?! I have had to send both kids to school with their shoes taped together because of this happening. Tanner's last pair was so full of holes and at least a size too small-but he kept wearing them even though he had new ones. I finally had to sneak them out of his room one day while he was at school. Then there is Bryce his soles were coming off his for over a month before we found something we really liked to replace them. I think part of it is that we tend to spend a little more on shoes than we do on other items-so usually they are comfortable and they like to wear them.
Who knows...it's just funny, but I guess I'm one to talk as I am typing I realize I have a pair of shoes that the soles are starting to come off of as well-have been for a good 4 months-but I have yet to get myself to throw them out. I guess our family just really loves their shoes.

No comments: