Friday, December 5, 2014

Getting Ready for Thanksgiving

I think I mentioned in an early post just how much I love fall and Thanksgiving. It is true I really do-it just might be one of my favorite Holidays.
The Tuesday before Thanksgiving I went out to my Grandma's for our annual pie making day. My cousin Audria came out as well. We spent the day making our signature 'squash pie'. I think we made over 20 pies-crust and all.
We had fun visiting while we baked.
While we were busy in the the kitchen, the kids had fun playing and watching movies.
Preslie always seems to be doing her own thing-haha
They went out side and spent a few minutes playing in the leaves-it was bitter cold that day though so it was short lived.
Finally after a whole day baking our efforts paid off. Yes-they tasted as good as they look!

During the month of November we worked on a Thankful-Tree. We each put up one thing we were thankful for every day. Each day was a different letter starting with A and going through Z. I think it made us really think about all we have in our lives and how much we have to be thankful for-even if some of our answers got a little silly.

No comments: